Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring Fasting LTE

The air was silent and carried the vibe of loneness. But I wasn’t alone the Lord there speaking to me… teaching me. We spent three days fasting and two of them not talking at all. It was a beautiful thing. Sure I did miss my core and everyone around me. At times I was close to cracking but I kept going. In that time I learned to lean on God for strength and to trust only him. My outlook on myself went through a dramatic twist and I gave up the part of me that says I am ugly, and worthless, because I’m not to God I am one of his beautiful daughters who has every right to ask for him to help. You see I just didn’t want the Lord to carry the weight of my burden so I buried it. But it came up and I found myself learning to give it all to him completely to not let it hinder me.

I don’t know why but I feel so close to God when I do this. I still can’t believe what God told me when I did it. “Lydia you’re going to be a Youth Pastor”, “A Worship Leader – Singer”, “One who prays for my coming”. So much was brought onto me from visions to this. I had asked God to tell me or at least give me a sign of part of what I am to do with my life and he springs this on me. Honestly I wasn’t expecting it. I don’t know how I am going to do all this but then again through the Lord is the only way it will be accomplished. The funny thing is I sort of like what he’s called me to do. I just have this inner fear about it. I will do it however because this is what he called me to do and I want to accomplish his will. I know there is more to the puzzle then this but he’s allowed me to see this much of it so far thus I am thankful for that.

No it was not my first time fasting however it’s the first time I’ve fasted for three days. I was so weak by the end of things. Yet it was worth it. I enjoyed the experience. I will do it again whenever the alternate comes. It just taught me so much to buckle down and allow the world to just slip past me as I enjoyed the Jesus’s presence in my life. Fasting is so important. It truly does bring you closer to the Lord. You give up everything around you and just soak in the word of God. Enjoying his presence hearing him only, you learn how to have a relationship with him or to grow even deeper in your intimacy with Christ.

Fasting is so important you’re giving up your fleshly desires to worship and enter into a nearness with God you can’t experience when you’re enjoying the things of this world only. Through fasting and prayer things happen and you understanding deepen. I think the average Christian should fast at least once a month. It teaches you so much just listening to the Lord. He will give you the strength to keep going if it wasn’t for him I would have collapsed but he kept me upright. Fasting is a way to submit to Jesus Christ fully everything to learn to give it all up to him and know that even when your weak he is there for you. And in those moments is when your soft enough he can mold you into what he desires you to become. Just allow yourself to be open in times of fasting and to only look to him for strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment